Monday, April 21, 2008

Movin' On Up...

Big news for the Redshirt: I've been invited to become a co-blogger/peon over at Mazurland! The Brothers Mazur have decided that, once again, it's time to expand their authorship roster, and have extended the offer to me, since I like to comment there, rather copiously. That, and I work with one of the brothers. And of course, since they have like TENS more readers than I do, I accepted the offer, so as to expand my audience all that much more.

But fear not, loyal Redshirt readers! I don't intend, just yet, to forgo the proprietorship of this fine blog! As readers may recall, one of the founding principles of this blog was that of my love of sci-fi and its ilk, and I certainly intend to keep posting on that here. Similarly, all personal and family-related posts (maybe some day I'll get to do more globe-trotting-Sam-blogging!) will remain here. I'll also probably cross-post a good number of my political and social comments between the two. As for my Christian-themed posts, well, I haven't yet decided which would be the more appropriate venue yet. Mazurland is certainly not afraid of the occasional God-blogging, but as Marty's imprimatur tends to cause the place to veer Roman Catholic (not that there's anything wrong with that, and Sam, if you don't have anything nice to say in the comments, don't say anything), I may leave the more evangelical-centric comments here. Time will tell.

So again, fear not, loyal reader(s?)! This is not a departure, merely a stage of growth.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're one of the Mazurland boys now!?

I KNEW there was a reason I loved you!

Chris has always been my fave, but now I'm not so sure! LOL!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Well, given their current lack of posts, I think the blog might ought to be called "Hank and Ben's Mazurland".

11:47 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh I see how it is with you. The cool kids in school ask you to sit at their lunch table, and you take your savvy political posts there and leave us with the geek fodder.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Hey, I'm still churning out the quality stuff here! Not a geek post to be seen! And as long as those Mazur boys keep their posting so sparse, which is pretty much for the foreseeable future, The Red Shirt shall abide!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

And as far as we were concerned in highschool, our table WAS the cool kids' table. Cool kids have arguments about Macs vs. PCs and quote Monty Python for hours on end, right?

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me. We're not cool.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, you're welcome to do any God-blogging you want to do at Mazurland, or if you prefer, do a short "heads up" with a link to here. That goes for any other topic.

M. Mazur
Religion Desk Editor
Mazurland Bloglomerate

2:48 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Alright, I stand (or sit, technically) corrected. Nary a sci-fi or Greek etymology post to be seen... so far.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home