Friday, November 11, 2005

First post!

So here goes my first blogging-type post. Hooray!

Also, the title of the blog has layers of meaning. LAYERS, I say!

1) While not a "trekkie" per se (I stopped watching midway through DS9, and largely hold my allegiance to TOS, but hey, i DO know the acronyms!), I've always found the red-shirt phenomenon amusing, to say the least. Sort of a "well crap on a crap cracker! I've got a red shirt, but nobody else does! I'm gonna bite it within the hour!" kinda feeling -- a "fish out of water," if you will.

2) The not-so-subtle reference to a science-fiction topic in general reflects my enjoyment of the genre, and its nerdier, pantaloon-wearing older brother, fantasy. Escapist literature at its finest! Expect to see posts on this topic.

3) The color red is not without a deep, personal meaning to myself. As an arch-conservative (paleo-neo hybrid, really) living in a consistently deep-blue state, I often-times feel somewhat alone and vulnerable -- but not in a touchy-feely way, more like a manly, viking sort of way. I think my current state (PA) might be a bit less blue overall than my previous state (WA), though, so things are looking up. At least I was born in a red state (AR). Expect to see many posts on this particular topic.

Ok, first post done. More later!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just noticed that you're blogging now, Ben. I figured I'd be the first person to comment on your first post, even though it's almost 4 months old! I'm glad to see you're getting some commentage. Mazurlanders will be dropping by to keep you straight.

Best...

3:50 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Well, so far it's lonely, with just me and My Only Reader (also known as "my brother Sam"). Maybe soon I'll get a little more traffic 'round here...

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazurland could teach you a few things about pimping yourself in the blogosphere.

There. Two comments. And I used a naughty word.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Great, and I was trying to keep this a family place. Dammit.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home