Friday, May 04, 2007

Huckmentum?

Two comments from The Corner: One by John Podhoretz, and another by Peter Robinson. Both following this quick blurb from Rich Lowry.

I missed the debates (the wife just HAD to watch "Ugly Betty", which I genuinely think she only likes because the protagonist is Hispanic. And I couldn't miss "Scrubs"!) last night, but from the commentary by People I Trust, it looks like the one person who may have come out a "winner" relative to his starting position was Mike Huckabee, my former governor. I've posted before that I like Mike. I would very easily get behind a Huckabee candidacy. So this very much excites me, that he distinguished himself so well, and has now officially put himself on the radar of people who can get his name out there.

Don't worry, Fred. I'm still behind ya. You just have to, you know, actually be a candidate.

So if somebody asked me "Among all the candidates who are currently officially running for President, whose nomination do you most support?", I'd say Mike Huckabee.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started watching the debate, but I thought better of it, and read to my daughter.

That blowhard Chris Matthews as a sole moderator turned me off. Plus too many people on the stage. More like a beauty contest. Fred did good by keeping himself above the fray.... for now.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

I did see some "Chris Matthews Greatest Hits" clips from the debate. Is it just me, or is he becoming more like the impersonation of him by whatshisface on Saturday Night Live?

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He certainly detracted from any gravitas there might have been at that event.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Chris, I assume that's a dig at Chris Matthews, rather than Huck?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so much smarter than either of you two. Ben, I know, is young. But Chris, why would you even consider giving a rat's patootie about this freak show? And (in the words of Albert Einstein) "If Matthews hosted a round table dinner discussion a la Steve Allen between the Pope, Socrates, Francis Bacon, and Dante, with Helen of Troy serving hors d'oeuvres, I still don't think I could watch it."

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the dig was against Matthews.

And to think the Dems didn't debate on Fox because of Britt Hume...

I agree Marty, the whole format was a joke.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Marty,

So smart you didn't read the actual blog post? I didn't even attempt to watch the thing, preferring instead to watch "Scrubs". And Chris only made it part way in.

I'm still not sure why anyone would agree to a forum moderated by that jackass. That does speak poorly on the current slate of contenders. More reason to Vote Fred!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, Ben, but the implication was that if 'Scrubs' hadn't been on, you might've wasted the evening watching the thing.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Nah, my wife still had "Ugly Betty" to watch on DVR. Plus about 20 episodes of "Good Eats", which is the Greatest Thing Ever Televised. Alton Brown is my hero. So the chances of me having watched Chris Matthews make a bigger jackass out of himself was virtually nil.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Whew! Glad we got that straight. So you're basically saying that Matthews couldn't even have kept you away from a neglected nose-hair preening.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home