Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Obama Declares Self as VP Pick

Denver, CO -- Amid much speculation and anticipation, presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama has finally unveiled his selection for the Vice Presidential candidate slot: himself. Coming as a shock to his supporters, and almost no surprise at all to his detractors, Mr. Obama's campaign staff was quick to explain the decision to reporters. According to one highly-placed campaign staffer, "Barack Obama has demonstrated time and time again that this campaign isn't about experience, it isn't about who fought in what silly little wars, and it definitely isn't about an established track record on issues that matter to Americans. No, it's about judgment. And if we're saying that Obama has the best judgment ever, then why would he sully that judgment by picking a lesser being to run alongside him?"

Barack Obama himself, when questioned about the startling revelation, responded, "Well, I am "The One", after all. How can The One be Two? That just doesn't make sense, you see. And I'm not going to let my Republican detractors make an issue out of my short time in office. If I were to pick someone with more experience than me, they'd be quick to point out that I was trying to shore up deficiencies. And, let's face it, there is nobody with less experience than me, so that leaves... just me!"

A Constitutional scholar, who asked not to be named because he is supporting the Obama/Obama ticket and did not want to give the appearance of bias, offered up this opinion: "Many folks have been trying to object to this move on the grounds of no clear line of succession should some tragedy befall Mr. Obama as President. I don't think there's really much concern for that. After all, from what I hear, if he should be struck down, he'll just rise again in three days".

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Holy Duo? Binary?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

I think you're trying to play off of the word "Trinity" and I admit I'm stumped how that would sound too.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Masterpiece, Ben

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home