Friday, July 18, 2008

Beside Myself With Nerd-Joy

Now, I've never been much of a Joss Whedon (Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) follower, and I know he's got those in droves. But the following is just so chock-full of super-duper, amazing, geeky awesome that I'm truly at a loss for words. As a social conservative, I can't say I'm thrilled with Neil Patrick Harris' recent coming-out, but I must say I'm quite enjoying his career renaissance, as I'm a big fan of How I Met Your Mother, particularly with regard to his character, and his cameo in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle was comedy gold. Anywho, I give you, without further ado:

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

He may bat for the other team, but he sure plays straight pretty well.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! And Part III comes out tomorrow!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quality of produced-for-internet material seems to be improving monthly. That was TV-like production, and quite good!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I kinda found it hard to take him seriously as Barney on HIMYM after he came out, but I've basically forgotten since then. It certainly makes the episodes with Wayne Brady as his gay brother than much funnier...

2:22 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Yeah, it only took about one episode to "get over it," because Barney is so freakin' awesome. Although I DID find the gay-black-brother episode a bit uncomfortable and forced.

Also, update: the third and final act is out, and... well, it's a bit disappointing compared to the first two. Virtually all singing, and the ending was a bit to "huh?" for my tastes. This coming from someone who claims to have liked "Lost In Translation", no less.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one I knew who liked Lost In Translation. It was a bit more filling than your average "nothing" movie.

Definitely disappointing ending to the Dr. Horrible video.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home