Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Funny For All the Wrong Reasons


The above video was, to me, laugh-out-loud funny. High-frickin'-larious, in fact. But I don't think it was devised with the intent that I, a hard-core conservative voter with no intention of voting for the Barachrist Obamessiah, would enjoy it. First of all, it starts out with the currently popular canard among the left that McCain's choice of Susan Pollen Sarah Palin was an act of desperation. (Brief rebuttal: I have yet to see a single pundit not already completely and totally in the sack for Obama say that last week's Democratic Convention was somehow devastating to the Republican race; and although there was barely any gap between Obama's Thursday night acceptance speech and McCain's Friday morning announcement, there wasn't any discernible "bounce", however mitigated, for Obama. Moreover, most non-Obama-Zealots have indicated that Obama's speech was more or less Democratic boilerplate rather than the stirring, earth-shattering oratory for which Obama is (fallaciously, and I'll have more on that in a later post) reputed. Why then would McCain be suddenly thrust into "desperation mode"?)

But I digress. Like I said, I don't think the video was meant to be flattering, but to me, and I think to most conservatives, it comes across that way: that McCain really did pick someone who was ready, willing, and able to serve the role for which she has been selected, considerably more so than the guy the Democrats want in the front seat. It's going to be an exciting two months, if I can keep my lunch down from all the nauseating attacks, er, "journalistic duties" the MSM has been launching at Palin that they somehow forgot to do for Obama and Biden while the spotlight was on them. Minor clerical oversight, I'm sure.

For some clarification on Obama's "experience" and "readiness" versus Palin's, please watch this as well:



(HT: Instapundit via Ann Althouse)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first video was "kind of" funny, in many ways not intended, as you say.

The second video shows that the Republican leadership and operatives are loaded for bear. Rather than pussy-foot around the subject, Newt was *not* afraid to b-slap a *black* reporter on the cred of Obama. PWNED!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about PWNED......

After last night's speech, the first video got even funnier. As did the prior press coverage of her.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home