Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This Is Heartening

My man Fred! is back on the campaign trail for John McCain. At the risk of committing a bit of sacrilegious paraphrasticism, if Fred be for him, who can be against him?

In other news, it took me about 10 tries to spell "sacrilegious" correctly. Also, from now on, I will only pronounce this in the correct manner as "sac-ril-LEE-jus". Maybe, just to be pedantic, I'll even throw in that last "i" as its own syllable and say "sac-ril-LEE-gee-us".

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Second paragraph - I'm kind of liking the division of labor that's evolving between your posts here and at Mszurland. I'm glad you're keeping all the hyper-geek stuff over here.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they'll develop some good cop-bad cop schtick.

Fred: "Kill the terrorists. Secure the borders. Punch the hippies."
McCain: "We need to reach out to cross-over Hispanic and hippie voters"

11:45 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Marty, when you geek out over at Mazurland, it's on a whole other plane of existence (opera, Catholic minutiae, etc.). I'd only embarrass myself if I tried to play at that level.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I had the same issue spelling prerogative. I've always thought it was pronounced PER-ogative, so now I've started saying PREE-rogative just so people know I can spell it correctly.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Somebody was a big fan of Bobby Brown back in the late 80's, huh?

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home