Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Seriously, Double-Yew-Tee-Eff?

Yesterday I commented on, inter alia, the relatively recent rash of female-teacher-with-student trysts in the media as a possible portent of the Eschaton. Another day, another story. This time, though, I've got a different angle: the woman in this article was arrested a second time!!!, while out on bail, for returning to one of her former precocious lovers, and of course getting the proverbial "it" proverbially "on", as it were. So my angle? If this were a man involved with a younger female (or, even ickier, a younger male?), he would be locked up tight in a jail cell with no possibility of coming within a few parsecs of the preteen paramour. And yet, this woman was free on her own recognizance to not only visit the kid, but had the opportunity (where are this child's parents? Seriously?) to make that visit a bit more than just a chance to "talk about the crime", as the article indicates. Double standard much?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story says it was her third time around the block with this kid. And she's not even that hot.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Well, by the standards of my own highschool teachers, she's a hottie. But keep in mind that our Rector supposedly had a standing rule of not hiring attractive female teachers, considering the all-boys nature of my school.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I know you're not a Rush fan, but he cracked me up with his comment on these teacher/student amours:

"Where were these teachers when I was in school?!?!? Maybe I would have paid more attention in class..."

Men. You gotta love 'em.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home