Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The Last Straw

I have not written in almost a year, but this really pisses me off. I heard it first from Brother Glenn at Fox. In a nut shell, Obama been Lyin' held a press conference last week to announce that he would be holding a prime time press conference, scheduled for tonight, to reveal and explain (justify) his overdue plan for Afghanistan. That is fine and dandy even though he will not tell any truths while he talks, but he is preempting A Charlie Brown Christmas.

This is a beloved classic as we all know, but more importantly, it presents the Gospel, even quoting Scripture, in popular culture. It is the one time each year the Good News does a Navy SEAL infiltration into the houses and brains of the masses. For all of the children of parents who shield them from the Truth, this may be their only chance to have a question planted into their not yet jaded little minds that compels them to ask the right person, "Who was born in the City of David, and what was so special about Him?"

To quote a fraternity brother of mine (he was there way before I was), "You're a mean one, Mister Grinch." I realize that I am not anywhere near the first to tie those two cartoons together on this, but it really fits.

5 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

Hah! See, I was just waiting for you to post something before I did. Took nearly a year, but it paid off! You blunk first!

But seriously, yeah, it should come as no surprise that the Obamanation did something like that.

Although I will admit that my "Antichrist == Obama" theory is weakening, if only because of his waning popularity. If you've lost Angelina Jolie, you've lost America. Well, actually, I think Mrs. Pitt is a Randian Objectivist, but still. However, in accordance with scripture, I fully expect him to receive some sort of massive head trauma (possibly an assassination attempt, possibly some sort of accident), receive great public outpouring of support and a massive surge in approval ratings, and then a quick jaunt to Israel later -- the Second Coming! So, yay, we win.

Also, Sam, where is the "there" that your fraternity brother "was"? I'm confused.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Ted Geisel was a member of the New Hampshire Alpha Chapter (Dartmouth College) of Sigma Phi Epsilon.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Ah, gotcha. You meant the first one to use the phrase. Heh.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Also, "Brother" Glenn? You know the guy's a mormon, right? What's worse, he's a mormon convert. And I've never been shy regarding my feelings about mormons. Which brings me some ethical qualms, because I DO think that Mr. Beck is performing useful services on behalf of the right-ish side of things. Oh well. I suppose as long as he never tries to run for president, I won't complain too much.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I would vote for a mormon long before I would vote for an avowed or closet athiest. Regardless of where their faith is rooted, they have an upstanding system of values and morals that this administration lacks.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home