Monday, November 24, 2008

Here I am. The youngster has been begging me to come here for a while now. After joining his 'serious' blog, he has had this bromantic notion that a brotherly blogging buddy, a fraternal philosophy friend, even a sanguinary supposing someone would embiggen his spirit. Hopefully I will make that happen. If not, he will change my password, which he chose in the first place.

I am really not like the boy. I am not into sci-fi. I do not study Greek for fun. I have to experience things to believe them and learn them. I suck at math (although I made an A in Diff-E the first time through). I will approach postings and subject matter in a different way.

First: I will not research or cite things that I have heard and am commenting upon if it turns out to be too difficult to do so. If it is in my imagination, but logical, it must be true. I will try to back things up with intellectual truths if not research.

Second: I will get to that some other time. I tend to run out of energy and give up on thoughts. Anyway, one of my goals in posting things is to get my brother on some type of Washington watch list.

Cheers!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is embiggen a word?

You got me to look it up in my little computer dictionary, and it wasn't there. Yet I believe it is. Or it should be.

I'm going to use it confidently today and see what kind of looks I get.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

There was a whole Simpsons episode in that regard, Chris. Look up "jebediah springfield" on youtube.

Welcome, Sam! Can't wait for your first substantive post! Let the bromance begin...

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Wiktionary, the word was first coined in 1884. But the use on the Simpsons was probably an independent coinage and later uses were probably echoes of the Simpsons.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Ben, are you the post-Nazi on this blog? If so, tell you brother he needs a subject line.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Damn, Marty -- can't just be a post nazi on ONE blog, so now you're doing it here? What, do you email Glenn Reynolds 20 times a day for infractions, too?

Sam, you need a title for each post.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Yes, it is from the Simpsons.

I have not yet figured out how to make a title line.

What does 'teh' mean?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

It's that blank line above where you write the body of text. From the control panel (that screen you see when you log in), you can go to "edit posts", then click the "edit" button next to the post you want to change, which just brings up the exact same window you wrote the post in.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Arabic Sweets in Dubai
Best Arabic sweets
Newsingly
Global News Website

12:39 AM  
Blogger Database System said...

Pitch deck design services
Best pitch deck design service
Newsingly

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home