Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Latest Publication

I'm in print for the first time in a while! For those who don't know, IEEE Spectrum is the monthly magazine that is sent, by default, to all members of the IEEE, which is the de rigueur association of membership for individuals of my own profession, Electrical Engineering. Naturally (because I am, by nature, both thrifty and lazy), I have let my own membership lapse, but an un-lapsed friend of mine was astute enough to notice my common-enough name and correctly correlate that with my current location, and he brought it to my attention that the editors had selected my letter for publication! I wonder if this counts toward promotion...

I also believe that the content of my letter is sufficient to inaugurate my newest "label", as suggested here.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really are a geek, Ben. A geek to the geek power. (Geek^Geek).

4:41 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

But that's infinity! (Behold, the power of Geek)

I also meant to mention that that .pdf is from the December 2007 print issue.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For that to have any correspondence to mathematics, geek would then have to take on the value zero in the base and any negative number in the exponent. Makes sense from the high school perspective: geek = zero = loser.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I somehow overlooked your publication in Spanktrum! Congrats to you...this indeed makes you das ubergeek.

(Speaking of which, thanks for reminding me...I need to renew my membership!)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

You know, I thought that if anyone would have caught that, it would have been you, JD. Now I'm all sad.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I generally don't read the "letters to the editor" section in any periodical...not sure why. I think I may have been traumatized by a stamp at some point.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Was that before or after the midget, the bag of lemons, and the whiffle-ball bat?

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home