Friday, June 08, 2007

Just a Note

Scroll below to see my latest post, "Family Values, Guerilla Style", which purports to be a review of the new film Knocked Up, and of which I'm pretty proud. Here, I just wanted to repeat and define a phrase I invented therein: "Shock and Guffaw -- the presentation of surprising and extremely offensive material to elicit great laughter". Examples: "hair gel" and "beans and franks" from There's Something About Mary, or the entire premised to The Ringer.

You read it here first. (I will not google the phrase, for fear of having been scooped. Please at least pretend you read it here first).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no Paris coverage/outrage? I'd at least hoped for as much...

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPOILER ALERT: BUBBLE ABOUT TO BE BURST!:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I did a Google search and you did not invent "Shock and Guffaw" in relation to movies or anything else. It's a little disappointing, I know, but take it from the guy who thought he'd invented "Blognitive Dissonance": You'll get over it.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Hey, at least I wasn't the killjoy for the BD incident. Thanks alot, jerk!

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home