Wednesday, March 07, 2007

See, I Told You So

I've commented on my hopeful enthusiasm for Fred Thompson before. Now the fever is spreading! Because I can't speak for the intricacies of the Mazur Brothers' political thought, apart from being "generally conservative", I can't say that their muted enthusiasm is suspect, but if I had found that info, the question would not be "Can we back this guy?", but "Given the current field of candidates, how can we not back this guy?"

Follow the link for links to a good article about Senator Thompson, as well as a link to his voting record during his time in the Senate. I'm all kinds of giddy! Here's someone who, because of his conservative bona fides, can rally the base, and because of his telegenic personality and TV/movie fame, can attract alot of swing voters!

And he's a Thompson! At last, a President Thompson!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he your uncle or something?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

That would be cool, but no. No relation, as far as I know.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Incidentally, he may have an in-road to the black community due to his name alone: one of the most common last names in the south for black people is "Thompson". Then again, if they were sufficiently introspective about that, it could backfire. This commonality is of course a result of the fact that there were a large number of slave-owning white folk in the south whose last name was "Thompson", whose slaves took on their former masters' last names upon being freed.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home