Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Geraghty the Indispensable

I have a certain fondess for National Review's Jim Geraghty. After all, it was nearing on three years ago now that I first discovered The Kerry Spot, his all-donk-all-the-time coverage of the 2004 Presidential Race, and it was The Kerry Spot that served both as an introduction to the only political/news magazine to which I now subscribe, as well as a gentle introduction to the blogosphere itself (yes, Virginia, there was life before the blogosphere).

So after a brief, and rather uninteresting, intermission as the obscurely-named "TKS", in honor of its former existence, it's back in full force as The Hillary Spot, covering all the various donk-related political maneuverings thus far (not limiting itself, of course, to only Hillary, but to all Dem presidential contenders). Today's entry, a fisking of mass email supposedly penned by Bill for Hill, is particularly high-larious (Hillary-ous?). An excerpt:

No insult was off-limits. No tactic was too low. They threw everything they could at us — but we beat them time and time again.

We beat 'em together. Just you, me, her and a big pile of Chinese money.

The attacks on Hillary haven't stopped, and she hasn't stopped winning.


You saw how well she did in her 2006 Senate race against her Republican opponent whatshisname.

You know how they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Well, Hillary is as strong as they come.

Vote for my wife. She is immortal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Thanks for the tip. I get the magazine, but I need to check out NRO more often.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to see Hillary be the Dem nominee. I think she'll be eaten alive in the general election.

Hopefilly, they won't have to rename the site "The Obama Spot".

8:23 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

To tell you the truth, I'm rooting for Edwards. I would LOVE to see the whole bad-choice-of-bloggers thing come back and seriously bite him in the rear.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home