Thursday, June 15, 2006

Oh, THAT Liberal Media

So the DJIA surged, surged, I say, nearly 200 points today, recovering a great deal of the loss from the past week or so. I recall very clearly last week that both CNN and FoxNews prominently announced, even before the close of the market, that it was practically hemorrhaging as it "plummeted" (despite only one daily loss of over 100 points, if I recall correctly). Meanwhile, at least foxnews has the decency today, right after market close (at least as early as 4:30 by my watch), to announce the remarkable rebound of the market today. CNN? Front-page, big-box article about inflation fears and basic gloom-and-doom on the economy. Not a word about the market's sudden surge.

Economic bad news? Front page big box on CNN!
Optimistic news? *crickets*


Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one of the many reasons I watch very little TV nowadays, especially the MSM.

Either I'm just becoming more aware of their bias or they are becoming more and more shameless with their doom-and-gloom anti-Americanism. Bush derangement syndrome, big time. Having your mind fed by them is bad for the psyche, and I pity the people who still get their info from CBS nightly news.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Yeah, I can't watch CNN at all, and being of a younger generation, I don't think there's ever been a time when I really watched network news except on accident. I did watch 20/20 when I was younger, but that was mostly for John Stossel and his awesome 'stache.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stossel is a decent champion of libertarianism, but I've hardly ever caught his act because I think the last time I watched network news or any of its spinoffs was probably 20 years ago. CNN was good during the Gulf War because it was in situ and on all the time. Fox was better in the last war, but Fox is such a freak show that I can't stand even that. TV in general just sucks.

Chris, I like the quote from David Mccullough who spoke at your daughter's commencement, during the 'advice' part of his speech: "And remember, no matter how little television you watch now, watch less.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weird thing about TV is that I never made a conscious choice to watch less. It just happened. The TV's on a lot (my wife and daughter), but I read or spend time on the net.

During election nite 2004, I spent the evening on my laptop. The TV was on in the backgroud just so I could see Dan Rather squirm. The up-to-the-minute info and analysis was so much more satisfying hopping between live bloggers.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home