Friday, December 09, 2005

Stimulating conversation!

Not my own work, found it over in a comments thread at LGF, and it's attributed to a user calling themselves "Templar":

Her: "We're only over there for the oil."

Me: "So why didn't we just drop the embargo?"

Her: "I don't know."

Me: "You know, we could start buying Iranian oil, if we really wanted lower the price of oil. Did you know that we haven't bought oil from Iran since 1979?"

Her: "No I didn't. But there weren't any WMDs."

Me: "So I guess when President Clinton lobbed a bunch of cruise missles into Iraq in 1998 as part of Operation Desert Fox Saddam didn't have any WMDs then either."

Her: "Clinton did what?"

Me: "Oh and don't the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 which Clinton signed and most of the Democrats voted for. It made regime change in Baghdad the stated policy of the US government."

Her: "That doesn't matter. We shouldn't be there."

Me: "Have you actually read the Senate's Authorization of Force Resolution? There were other reasons listed besides WMD. Like the fact that when Saddam fired on US aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones he violated the 1991 ceasefire."

Her: "No I haven't read it."

Me: "So, I guess then you would have left the rape rooms and plastic shredders open for operation. I mean, he ONLY killed 300,000 of his own people."

Her: "Saddam was a brutal dictator, but there are lots of dictators in the world."

Me: "And that makes removing this one somehow wrong?"

Her: "I don't know."

Heehee... good times, good times!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home